celebration of gifts: board challenge
The board of directors donated more than $5,000 to underwrite the 2023 WF Celebration of Impact. They then challenged registrants, and the broader community, to match their collective effort by donating an additional $5,000 or more by May 31, 2023.
The Ugly Facts
- Women have lost the right to body autonomy.
- Women were disproportionately and negatively impacted by the global health pandemic. As a result of COVID-19, women have reduced economic opportunities and have been pushed into poverty at higher rates than men. They have decreased access to health/wellness care and increased incidence of sexual exploitation, and gender-based violence.
- Women are still woefully underrepresented as elected officials at every level of government.
The Cheerful Facts
- The power of philanthropy can create the change we all want now.
- Women’s Funds move money nine times faster than traditional philanthropic organizations.
- Every gift is valued.
Possible Pathways to $5,000 and more… #23andYOU
- One person could give $5,000.
- At least 23 people could each make a gift of $230.
- 100+ people could make gifts of $50.
- At least 12 people could give $23 per month for the next 12 months.
We raised $7,839!
Please join us in thanking the individuals and organizations below for their generosity in helping to advance the Women’s Fund mission.
Celebration of Gifts
Lynette A. Elliott
Girls Rock Milwaukee
Suzie Van Cleave
Beth L. Weckmueller
Debra H. Zarne
WF Board of Directors