Milwaukee PBS is airing a series titled “Finding Our Voice: Women Trailblazers Series” this summer. The series celebrates the accomplishment of women in the 100 years since the ratification of the 19th amendment. The League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County is partially sponsoring one program in the series: American Experience: The Vote airing on Monday and Tuesday, July 6 and 7th on Milwaukee PBS.
All Voting is Local is working on other videos that show how to upload the photo ID and how to complete the witness signature on the absentee ballot envelope.
Funding Feminism: Monied Women, Philanthropy, and the Women’s Movement, 1870-1967
Women’s Fund Annual Event 2018 – The Power of Philanthropy with Joan Marie Johnson, PhD.
Women. Voting. Democracy.
June 6, 2018
A Pink Wave in 2018?
Record numbers of women running
- U.S. House of Representatives
- 475 women have filed
- Up from previous record of 298 in 2012
- U.S. Senate
- 42 women filed, perhaps up to 47
- Up from 40 in 2016
- 50 filed, perhaps 60+
- Running in 35 of 36 states electing governor in 2018
- Up from record of 34 in 1994
Oddities and Realities – House
- 47 women are challenging male incumbents in a party primary
- 55 women are challenging women incumbents in a primary
- 82 primaries have more than one woman running
- 26 woman v. woman races
- Four women are running for U.S. Senate in Arizona – two Democrats and two Republicans